Thursday, October 13, 2011

This oNE time I almost got kidnapped...

Sit down kiddies, It's story time! A few months ago I promised to tell more stories from my life and last week I thought about this one.

Let me take you back to February 23, 2007. I just came home from a 2 week long trip to Chile to pick up my brother from his mission. Great trip. 

Anyways. It was one of my friends birthday parties that night (Kim Ramirez). She was having a "sports themed" party and of course I was going as a professional swimmer, swim cap and all. 

Well before the party my good ole pal Courtney and I went to Sally's Beauty Supply for who knows what. We were in line and there was this "African American" boy probably around our age in front of us. We were both snooping on his conversation with another lady in line. He was asking for money for the bus stop. Looking at the kid I noticed he had a hurt foot. 

He was expressing to the lady how his mom ran over his foot the day before and was making him walk around shopping with her. He explained how he needed money for the bus since his mom ended up leaving him. He began to cry. I began to tear up...I looked at Courtney...

Next thing we know we are in my car driving to some super scary neighbor hood off Cheyenne if I remember correctly and some number street...You know those number streets are bad. 
This boy had the stankiest breath EVER! Courtney kept texting me telling me to get him to stop talking and she had her hoodie covering her mouth. 

I couldn't blame her. 

We dropped the stranded soul off in front of a scary apartment and the rest is history! I hope his foot is better by now! :)

Moral of the story. Don't snoop on others conversation. The person you help WONT help pay for gas.

3 comments:

  1. Way to bring in the crowds with your title... too bad we didnt really almost get kidnapped! It happened to be when were were reading "A heart like his" and we felt that this young guy, who had no shoes on, mother left him, and his foot got run over the day before, could benefit from a little Christ-like love. I remember me driving, bc my dad was sooo mad that i let him in my car. I was so scared when we were waiting at the gate to the apt complex and he said "oh there is my mom" I thought some big black lady was going to come up my car and beat me for helping her son!
    Jer, your imagination fills in the gaps of your memory, no surprise there, but makes for a more entertaining story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called "STORY TIME" for a reason COURT! Fine!! No more stories with you involved! I totally forgot about him seeing his mom...she was probably thinking "why are these white girls here..im gonna beat their arsss." AND WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN KILLED!! THINK ABOUT IT! WE DIDNT KNOW HIM HE COULD HAVE HAD A GUN! and I guess you were driving...i do recall him sitting behind me...oh my pregnant memory. I swear when you are knocked up you forget the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please still include me. one of my fav things in life is listening to you tell stories from your perspective...they always throw me for a loop.

    ReplyDelete