Friday, May 20, 2011

The D.M. Freaking. V.

My name is Jerilyn Burton, that is what my Utah Driver's License calls me. 


My FAFSA for school that holds all power for my grants and shiz knows me as Jerilyn Truman. 


CSN will not allow to have my money from FAFSA until my license matches.


In April I was told this. Back in October I tried to change my license, but since I have had 3 "violations" in the last 5 years I have to retake the driver's test. Woo. 


I took the permit test, passed. I took the driver's test back in April, failed. 


Don't judge me. It is way different now that I am set in my ways of driving. The lady was TOTALLY UPSET that I put on my blinker to get in the turn lane, then turn it off and back on to show that I am now turning. Heaven forbid a cop pulls me over for it. ALSO, that 1 mph while in a school zone might make or break whether a child dies. 


My mom told me the instructor was jealous of me, thanks mom.


Since then I have gone back a few times in the morning for standby. STAND BY SUCKS. I show up 3 hours before it opens and there is a line longer then the eiffel tower already. 


Wednesday was my day! It was 4:30 a.m. and dark. I run around the corner and see that no one is in line yet! I jumped for joy and Brandeis was there to entertain me for awhile until he had to leave at 5:30 for work. 


6:00. rolls around, I am sitting next to a man from Pakistan that has an English accent. I am also sitting next to a tan box that I couldn't read since it was dark. 


7:00. it is now light out. The box next to me read "RODENT CATCHER. DO NOT OPEN." Thanks....


7:45. The ladies come out give me my #1 but then tell me since my registration just expired and I am waiting for the new one to come in the mail I have to have Brandeis come down so they can print me a new one since I am not on the registration. Solid. So since he can't just UP AND LEAVE work I was given a new number. #20. Yay. 


11:30. my butt may or may not be totally numb. Why are the seats at the DMV horrible? I ask the lady what number they are on ...#6. She then told me that they might get to #10 today. Righteous. She proceeds to tell me that the best thing to do is to get my permit and come back the next day. 


12:00. I am taking my picture for a permit...will you come pick me up?


The only reason I stooped so low to get a permit is because CSN needed my name changed that day or I can't go to summer school. Sucky right? 


So here I am... Friday. Brandeis didn't want to go today since he is completely warn out from working this week and today he works all day from 6 til 8 tonight. Lame. 


So I guess we will see what happens. Hopefully I can drive soon. 


Moral of the story is....don't get pulled over, but if you do..don't get married? That's all i got.. 

2 comments:

  1. hahah-this is awesome. sadly i feel your pain... have you done the social security card yet... PAIN i had to go to like 7 freaking places. oh the joys of being married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The social crap took 20 min here! I wish it was that easy!

    ReplyDelete