Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Choices

Hi! Welcome back.

I feel the need to post....more? I think I post plenty. I don't really have much to say too often, but when I do it is preeettty serious. 

We make choices everyday. I think we make HUGE choices daily. Think about it. Should I wake up and get to work? Should I wax off my eyebrows? Is today the day I eat my bodyweight in Angelina's pizza? Yes. 

Every day counts! 

I have made so many choices lately. I recently began Esthetician school. Crazy right? I remember getting facials before my wedding and thinking, "I want to do this." That was almost 3 years ago! 

I had the hardest time deciding to start school. I sat there with my super impressive college transcripts knowing I had 1 semester until I could apply to dental hygiene school which was a childhood dream and knowing that I did not want to do that anymore. I think I have known for a few years that I did not want to that anymore, it was just hard feeling like I was letting myself down. It is hard having something you have wanted to do since 2nd grade and trying to talk yourself out of it.....Here is how the conversation went.

"Alright Jerilyn. This was NOT easy. In 3 years you could be a dental hygienist."
"But what if I don't get accepted the first go around?!?"
"Then you will have 4 years until you are finally done and have some sort of career for yourself."
"Maybe I should try something I will equally enjoy?!" 
"Like esthetician school? That is only 6 months!"

So what it came down to was time. As previous posts have declared, I am crazy about time. When I thought that I could finish school in 6 months or in 3 years the first thing I thought about was having children.

I know it seems I never want to have one, lets be honest most days I don't, but I want one. NOW. Like today. I don't want to wait 9 months. This doesn't mean we are trying currently to have a baby, but the possibility of us having one in the next year or so it very high. 

So, I began esthetic school earlier this month and I finish in December! I have so many different choices to make. I love the facial side of school, but if you know me at all you should know I love makeup. Like more than normal. My dream would be to do the makeup for the actual ads...like Mac. Who knows what I will do when I am out....I keep thinking maybe working at a doctor's office with people with skin conditions and helping them feel/look pretty again. That would rock. Or of course, I always have eyelash extensions to fall back on...

I just want something I can do 2 days a week and not be stressed when I get home.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Well, thats all. 

Make good life altering decisions today. 

-Jerilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment